Project information and materials are below.
All are Adobe PDF files unless otherwise noted.
June 2017 Public Information Meetings
Transportation Management Plan (TMP-August 2016)
- Click here for the Transform 66 TMP.
Federal Register Notice (July 6, 2016)
Tier 2 Finding of No Significant Impact (June 22, 2016)
Tier 2 Final Environmental Assessment and Technical Reports (May-August 2016)
Click here to view the Tier 2 Final Environmental Assessment and Technical Reports.
Conversion of HOV-2 Designation on I-66 Outside the Capital Beltway to HOV-3 (June 2016)
Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Fact Sheet (May 2017)
Concept Plans (April 2016)
Elected Officials and Media Briefing (March 2016)
Tier 2 Revised Environmental Assessment (January 2016)
- Tier 2 revised environmental assessment
- Appendices A-F
- Appendix A: Section 4(f) documentation
- Appendix B: Responses to comments from federal agencies
- Appendix C: Responses to state agency and state elected official comments
- Appendix D: Responses to local / regional agency comments
- Appendix E: Responses to public comments
- Appendix F: Responses to organization comments
- Waters of the U.S. jurisdictional determination
- Placement locations (list of locations that have printed copies)
- Public notice
Transform 66 P3 Project Briefing on Conceptual Financial Proposals and Next Steps
- CTB presentation (Dec. 8, 2015)
October 2015 Public Information Meeting Materials
Click here to view the public information meeting materials and exhibits, including concept plans for the Preferred Alternative and Phase 1.
- Jurisdiction and agency comments
- Tier 2 Draft Environmental Assessment and technical reports
- Tier 2 Draft Environmental Assessment
- Draft section 4(f) evaluation
- Air quality analysis technical report
- Alternatives development technical report
- Architectural survey management summary
- Battlefields management summary
- Existing conditions technical report
- Hazardous materials technical memorandum
- Indirect and cumulative effects technical memorandum
- Natural resources technical report
- Preliminary noise analysis
- Operations concept technical report
- Socioeconomics and land use technical memorandum
- Transit and transportation demand management (TDM) technical report
- Transportation technical report
- May / June 2015 public hearing exhibits
- May / June 2015 public hearing presentation
- May / June 2015 public hearing brochure
- May / June 2015 public hearing comment sheet
January / February 2015 Public Information Meeting Materials
Click here to view the public information meeting materials and exhibits.
- January / February 2015 public information meetings comment summary report
- January / February 2015 public information meetings brochure
- January / February 2015 public information meetings presentation
- January / February 2015 public info meetings exhibits
Tier 2 Draft Environmental Assessment Preliminary Information
- I-66 Corridor Improvements presentation to the Commonwealth Transportation Board (Jan. 13, 2015)
- Project kick-off meeting presentation (July 2014)
I-66 Improvements, Attitudes and Perceptions - 2014 Benchmark Study
Beginning in July 2014, the Southeastern Institute of Research (SIR) conducted a survey of Interstate 66 users on behalf of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The overarching goal of this survey was to create a benchmark of the attitudes, perceptions and levels of support for planned I-66 improvements among users.
Specifically, the study sought to assess awareness, familiarity, perceptions, misperceptions and expectations of the planned improvements.
The study also worked to understand the degree of support for the improvements – including the drivers underlying that support – and to identify any potential issues.
Finally, the study sought to provide feedback on the public information and education campaign.
Tier 1 Environmental Impact Statement
- January / February 2014 – Public information meetings display boards
- March 2013 – Public hearing presentation, brochure, and display boards
- February 2013 - I-66 - Transportation technical report
- February 2013 - I-66 - Transportation technical report: Appendices A - H
- January / February 2012 – Public information meeting presentation, newsletter, display boards, and comments summary
- Cooperating and participating agencies meetings – March 2012, November 2011
- June 2011 – Public information meeting presentation, handout, and display boards
- Agency scoping meeting – June 2011
- I-66 Transit / TDM study final report (Dec. 31, 2009)
- I-66 Transit / TDM study appendices (Dec. 31, 2009)